SCOM deployment – what you’ll need:
- Visual Studio with Visual Studio Authoring Extensions. Serge and Ruud will be using Visual Studio 2019.
- A new management pack with the following details:
- Name: SCOMSPNCheck
- Display Name: SCOM SPN Check
- A version of SCOM Management Pack: Serge and Ruud will be using the SCOM 2016 Management Pack template. If you have a SCOM 2012 R2 environment, you could use the SCOM 2012 R2 template, but this hasn't been tested and you could run into issues along the way.
- A key to sign the Management Pack
- A folder structure that you feel comfortable with to store all management pack elements. We recommend following a structure that you’ll find in the management pack browser via Visual Studio:
- Health Model
- Service Model
- Type Library
Please make sure to create the Language Pack Management Pack element containing the DisplayName and Description of the MP in advance.