Everything you need to know about authoring SCOM Management Packs
In this month’s Coffee Break, Silect's Development Lead, Mike Sargent, joins Cookdown's Director of Products, Bruce Cullen, to discuss Mike's illuminating session at Silect's MP University, ‘Everything you need to know about authoring SCOM Management Packs’.
Mike will show you tools and techniques for authoring awesome SCOM management packs using hard to get data - everything from XML to MP Author to VSAE and beyond! He’ll also teach you everything you need to know about fragments and how consistently using fragments results in better monitoring. Best of all, Mike will show how your users can get into the MP authoring fun!
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Setup monitoring for data in difficult-to-ingest formats – using the example of the Skype for Business Network Assessment tool
- Review script to extract values from the tool’s output
- Use VSAE to create registry discovery, then build the MP
- Use MP Author to create script monitor
- Use MP Studio to add alert views via fragments
- Deploy the new MP to SCOM
- Delegate tuning and maintenance of the MP back to the group managing Teams