Authoring Management Packs and monitoring Linux/Unix using fragments
In this month’s Coffee Break, Christian Heitkamp, Product Manager at NiCE IT Management Solutions, will be joining Bruce Cullen, Director of Products at Cookdown, to take us through the depths of Linux/Unix agent monitoring, starting with what off-the-shelf MPs can do, and ending in a practical workshop where Christian will show you how you can use VSAE (Visual Studio Authoring Extensions) with fragments to author custom monitoring – in order to enrich the depth of your monitoring. Please make sure you have VSAE ready if you’d like to follow along yourself.
Christian will also discuss some of the off-the-shelf Management Packs available for this task and run through the pros and cons of each.
During this webinar, we will discuss:
- What options are available when monitoring Linux/Unix machines
- How fragments allow users to add new rules, monitors, discoveries to Management Packs, quickly and accurately
- How to author Management Packs using Visual Studio and fragments
- How to use fragments with VSAE (Visual Studio Authoring Extensions)
- Performance considerations and best practice for Linux MPs